2022-2023 Concerto Competition
3/21/2023 1:05 pm
It's time for the second annual Johns Creek Band Concerto Competition! The winner of our competition will be a featured guest soloist with the JCHS Wind Ensemble on their Spring Concert on April 27th, 2023. This is a HUGE honor to be selected and we had many fine candidates last year. Please see below for more information.
- Selections should have a band accompaniment. If you are unsure, please use search engines and music publishing websites to search.
- Students should select 1 movement from a multi-movement work.
- Please remember that selections should feature both lyrical and technical work.
- Please keep in mind the ability of the ensemble when selecting your work.
- Please limit selections to a few minutes. If you select something longer, we may shorten the length.
- This will be judged by an independent 3rd party judge. Their selection is final.
- Students should should be prepared to play their selection completely before starting rehearsals with the ensemble.
Auditions will take place on 3/31 after school. Please submit a video recording of your self playing if you are unable to attend the live audition. This will not hurt your audition but we will judge accordingly. Hapy practicing!